Tuesday 7 December 2010

I Will Sin, Trailer


The making of the trailer took a generous amount of time to do; with many different stages of editing.

To begin the making of the trailer I had to put the shots in the order i wished them to be in and which ones were best out of the range that we had. Then with these shots I had to edit them to make the trailer fit 1minute and 30seconds and edit the parts out of the clips that were unnecesarry. I wanted our trailer to fit the conventions of horror trailers, so I made sure that The beginning started of quite slow and giving a background to the story. This included showing the main character and stock characters, and also giving some depth into what type of characters they are. I wanted to show that the main

character Beth was a nerd, with no friends, who didn't fit in and was bullied by fellow classmates. I also wanted to show that the stock characters were three male, cool kid, bullies. Towards the middle of the trailer the shots begin to get a lot shorter and faster, to also fit the conventions of horror trailers. This is to create suspense and show parts of the film that are improtant, but do not give too much away and leave the audience questioning.

A green sceen, with approval that the trailer is made for the appropriate audiences was put at the start of the trailer. This is because it fits the conventions of trailers, also being followed by the production details. Which were chosen from a range that I made on Photoshop in a few different fonts:

I chose the name 'Bloodshed Productions' for the production company because it added to the horror genre. And the font was also chosen because it related to the genre of horror. I then put the name of the film 'I WILL SIN' at the end of the trailer, because is one of the conventions of trailers. The reason for the title being shown at the end of the trailer is so that it stays in the audience's mind and answers the question the ask throughout watching the trailer ot 'What is this called?' which is then followed by the details of actors/actresses, production, producers, etc. and then by 'Coming Soon' so that the audience know that the film will be released on a later date.

Once all editing was done to the clips in the trailer, which included certain transitions, speed of the shot, etc, I then chose music to go over the trailer. I chose a music track called 'The Relapse', which i made sure was not copyrighted. The music fits well with the trailer because it starts of slow to set up the story and then speeds up as shots get quicker to create tension. I also added certain sound effects to area's, such as heartbeats and pounding to highlight certain parts and create suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment